Sunday, September 26, 2010

Up to my eye balls

Well, it's been a while since we've updated. Do you want to know why? Do you? Well, I'll tell you anyways. I've been UP TO MY EYE BALLS in paint. If you've seen me at all in the past two weeks sans paintbrush or roller then you've had quite the privilege. I'm trying to count the number of rooms I've painted...hold on. 8 rooms in total. This includes ceilings. NEW ceilings, so that means a primer and two coats of ceiling paint. Then the new drywall also needs two coats (seriously folks that new paint and primer stuff from Behr is phenom, it saved a drywall sealer coat). I also wallpapered a stairway (which I will have to post about in far more detail because it was ridiculous) and have been setting up house as well. Needless to say I feel like I don't even know my children anymore. How horrible is that?

I've been pretty convicted lately that I've let this renovation overtake my life. It has become like an idol to me. I need to take a step back and refocus my eyes to where they belong. Christ first, then my family. I feel like maybe going to a certain conference next weekend in a certain big city down South might just be what I/we need, but alas, we weren't on the ball/spent too much on our house. Isn't that just the way that we can let things come between our need for relationship with Jesus? Ugh, is this worth it? No. The jewels in my crown will be no different. I've decided that I am a Martha. Always busy, never letting myself just sit and be with God.

That's where I'm at this morning. No paint brush, even though the kitchen is calling my name for a fresh coat. I've spent the morning listening about Jesus, His love, His sacrifice and worshiping Him through song....and right now, all I'm thinking about is how I surrender all...all to Jesus I surrender, humbly at His feet I bow.

2 comments:

  1. Okay you make me laugh w/ your recipe desires my beautiful friend.
    My applesauce is made of apples only. Not.One.Single.Other.Thing.
    Banana Bread
    1 cup butter (no subs)
    1 1/2 cups sugar (says the recipe but I put a whopping 2-3 tbsp organic cane sugar and no one around here complains...not even the daddy)
    6 large ripe bananas
    2 1/2 cups flour (I usually use some spelt or oat flour or only use 2 cups of flour and sub whole oats instead...but up the oats to at least 3/4cup)
    1 tsp salt
    2 tsp baking soda.

    Cream butter and sugar, add bananas and beaten eggs. Sift in flour and then gently fold in oats. Add salt and soda, stirring only to mix.
    Bake in 2 greased loaf pans at 350 for 1+hour. I often add in 1/2 - 3/4 cups of berries for added sweetness, fibre, antioxidants, and flavour. Kiddies love it.
    A great recipe to convert into lots of muffins!
    Hope you enjoy...and that it was worth the wait. :)

    ReplyDelete