Monday, August 30, 2010

Crazy and not.

We've been super busy (busier than normal) the last week. My folks have been visiting from Calgary and took the boys to stay at a cabin on a lake. So, I've been driving to and from the camp because for some reason, I've had an appointment almost every day in town.

We were also really excited for Nik's cousins' wedding. We were documenting it for her viewing pleasure a little later on, and I also sang a duet with the ever talented, Katherine Woodbeck. So, there were rehearsals and jitters which always makes things fun.

Now, because this is all about the crazy house that we live in, I'll just add that Nik did NOT stop even though we had major things going on. He's tiled the shower and floor and the bathroom is almost ready to paint. My parents and brother also came in for a 'work' day and my mom painted some base boards while my dad and brother totally cleaned up the dirt and scraps that were EVERYWHERE. It was a big job.

Maybe I should also mention that we tried to hang some drywall in the fourth bedroom. We failed miserably. My screw-driving capabilities aren't that great, so I think I threw them off.

Anyways, we're off to to Minneapolis for a little break with my family. We'll be back on Wednesday to finish this entire reno by Friday. HA! Just joking.

For all of the creepers who want to break into our house, we have a big dog that bites and an alarm system that works so stay away. And someone house sitting. And a barb wire fence. And one of those things that detects retinas.


No comments:

Post a Comment