Monday, August 16, 2010

Moving along folks!

Up until this point a lot of the work around the house has all been things that are going to be hidden behind the walls. The wiring, the plumbing (which includes extensive venting that's basically a labyrinth) the insulation (done by mostly, yours truly), the vapor barrier, the black tar stuff to hold the vapor barrier in place (which got into two very mischievous little boys' hair), the shims that leveled two floors (also very painstaking and meticulous work) and so on and so on. Needless to say, it's all been disheartening for this instant gratification lover to know that all of the things that take the most time are the things that get closed up and never seen. My poor husband, even his handiwork behind the walls is pristine and perfect.

Anyways, this last week I've been able to indulge my impatience as I watched drywall being hung and *gasp* mud being applied! This has been one of the most encouraging parts for me....knowing that all it's going to take for us to be ready to actually move into our bedrooms is a little sanding (after a few more coats of mud), primer, paint, floor sanding, staining and varnishing and some trim....no big deal, right? Oy.

My goal was to be in separate rooms from our kids by the time this baby was born. I'm pretty sure it's doable at the pace that Nik is working at, but it kills me not to be able to help him. Actually, there have been a few things that I could have helped him with, but he respectfully declined my offers. I don't think he trusts me with many tools.

So for now, I'll continue to screw in drywall and make a million holes in search of a stud.

Here are a few pictures of my lovely lad looking excellent.





ps. I can not figure out why my pictures aren't rotating. I'm even saving them right side up but when I go to upload them, they're not right. Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Looks better than I saw it just days ago!! Good job guys! And if you don't finish in time, just hop on a plane to California and stay with me and hope a magic fairy comes along and finishes the job for you :)

    ReplyDelete